Andrew Moore & Associates Ltd General Data Privacy Notice
1.0 What information do we collect about you?
- Marketing data is collected when you register with us for marketing purposes or place an assignment with us.
- Human Resources data is collected from applicants to job vacancies and from our employees during the operation of our business.
- Operational data is collected from the client, the insured, the insured’s employees and other related third parties in relation to any assignment we have been appointed on.
All personal data collected by Andrew Moore and Associates ltd is collected in the legitimate interests of the company in order to carry out its activities. Where data is not obtained directly from the data subject, it will be supplied to us by either our client or another third party related to the assignment we are appointed on. We may also collect data from social media platforms. Where the personal data is provided by our client this will typically be subject to the terms and conditions of your insurance policy, failure to allow us to process the data may lead to you being in breach of the terms and conditions of your insurance policy.
2.0 Categories of Personal Data held
The following is a list of the categories of personal information held by Andrew Moore and Associates Ltd. We will not hold all types of information on each individual.
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Insurance policy and / or claim reference numbers
- Medical records (if supplied/required)
- Criminal record data
- Employment records
3.0 How we use the information about you?
Andrew Moore & Associates Ltd may process personal information as part of investigations, expert witness provision, fire safety engineering, fire risk assessment, loss prevention, claims, finance, marketing, risk management, document processing and employment.
- Data held for marketing purposes is used to contact those who may be interested in our services and if you have previously appointed us to make you aware of other services that we provide.
- Data held by our Human Resources team is used to facilitate our recruitment process and to manage the day to day operations of our business.
- Operational data is held for analysis as part of an instruction we are appointed on by a client.
- Andrew Moore and Associates Ltd does not use any form of automated decision making or profiling for any purposes.
- Personal data may be shared with the clients and suppliers of Andrew Moore and Associates Ltd.
If we hold your data for marketing purposes, you have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to other offices of Andrew Moore and Associates Ltd. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.0 Categories of people who may access or receive the data
Andrew Moore & Associates Ltd may sometimes be required to share personal information it processes with individuals themselves and also with other organisations. Below is a description of the types of organisations with which Andrew Moore & Associates Ltd may need to share some of the personal information it processes.
- Insurers, solicitors, loss adjusters, brokers;
- Business associates, other professional bodies, advisers;
- Other forensic investigators;
- Complainants, enquirers;
- Courts and tribunals;
- Data processors;
- Law enforcement and prosecuting authorities;
- Ombudsman and regulatory authorities;
- Professional advisers;
6.0 Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, please either email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
Data Protection Officer,
We want to ensure that your information is accurate and up to date. You can ask us to make corrections to your data.
7.0 Right to erasure
You have the right under Article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulations to request us to erase your personal data. If you would like some or all of your personal data erased from our system, please either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Data Protection Officer,
Withdrawing consent to your personal data use cannot be backdated so will have no effect on any data processing already performed during the period of consent.
8.0 The countries where data will be stored, processed and transferred
Any personal data collected by Andrew Moore & Associates Ltd may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom or any other country in which Andrew Moore & Associates Ltd or associated third parties maintain facilities.
Should Andrew Moore & Associates Ltd need to transfer your personal data, Andrew Moore & Associates Ltd will take all reasonable measures to safeguard the transfer of your personal data to third parties in a manner that complies with the GDPR.
9.0 How long will data be retained
The retention period for personal data will be assessed depending on the nature of the information held. The retention policy will vary depending on whether data has been collected for Marketing, Human Resources, Operational or Security purposes. The retention policies are regularly reviewed, and personal data is not held for longer than is necessary.
10.0 Lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority if you are not satisfied by the way in which we store and process your personal information. In the UK the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The contact details for the ICO are:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Address: Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF